tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glenn.P.Brau...@flagstar.com
Subject JSP Compilation Problem
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:31:39 GMT
We are in the process of setting up a second tomcat server (with apache) to
mirror the first.  We are having a problem on the 2nd - none of the JSPs
are compiling and we are getting the following error:

Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report
such
errors more gracefully
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.ja
va:128)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:238)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessar
y(JspServlet.java:149)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
vlet.java:161)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
61)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:385)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatche
rImpl.java:163)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:1
87)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:503)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processCon
nection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

We are obviously missing something in our config on the 2nd box, but can't
figure out what.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn Brauser