tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: Using Xalan 1.0.1 with Tomcat 3.1 - Classloader problems?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:20:53 GMT
> 1. Tomcat starts up.
> 2. Tomcat explodes an WAR files found in the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
> directory.
> 3. For each web application (ie apps in the
> $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory
> + those explicitly named in server.xml)
>      3a. Add each JAR in the $WEB_APP/WEB-INF/libs directory to the
> CLASSPATH.
>      3b. Add the $WEB_APP/WEB-INF/classes directory to the CLASSPATH.
>
> From what I have been hearing, Tomcat doesn't do 3b very well
> on the NT
> platform.  This explains my problem with trying to deploy my
> web app in the
> WAR file format.

AFAIK tomcat works in NT very well, i'm on NT, and tomcat works for me
very well without problems in deploying WAR files that contain
WEB-INF/lib, but Xalan needs to be installed in the main classpath
BEFORE any other DOM implementation, due to a restriction in the DOM2 (
experimental ) support, this info is from the cocoon intall.... i dont
know Xalan very well but i use Tomcat everyday without problems.

hope this helps.

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega