tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: Content Type and RequestDispatcher
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 02:10:03 GMT
Hola, Alex:

> So, my first (somewhat long winded) question is: Is it a bug or a
> feature that the "response.setContentType()" is ignored when using
> RequestDispatcher.forward()?

AFAIK is you have commited part of the response to the client you can
not set any more headers.. this is direct for include because it by
definition flush ( commit for the case ) the buffers, and in the case of
forward , i dont know the spec on this but can be that you have commited
unadvertly the buffer, set a big buffer size and set autoflush to false,
and do a try

> Also, does anyone know of a way to get around this problem?
>
> If you're asking "Why don't you just use RequestDispatcher.include()"?
> The answer is that there's another bug with
> RequestDispatcher.include()
> where the session information is always lost.

I dont know this , is this bug known to more people? i can follow this
high volume list every day, apologies if this knowed by everybody...

Alex can you send a test bed for that bug jsp:include bug or point to
really broken example please ?
what version of tomcat and OS are you using ?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega