tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mack <cm...@spcie.de>
Subject RE: Which JDK to use under Linux?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:48:09 GMT

Hi Christoph

The thin driver is ok.
But you have to ensure, that all ResultSets, Statements and Connections are
marked as free with .close() before the servlet stops.

Also I would suggest to use a Connection pool, because connecting to an
Oracle DB is always really slow (I once had to wait 30 sec. on a sparc with
only 2 concurrent users).

Tschau
Christian