tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Davison <davis...@maxim-it.com>
Subject RE: TCP error. Any ideas?
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2000 19:31:32 GMT
That's what I would have thought.  However, the client isn't hitting
stop.  It seems as though the server side is actually closing the
connection.

Also, the webserver is rendered useless after this is thrown.  It starts
serving pages up VERY slowly......

Thanks!

--Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Arion [mailto:arion@talentinfo.com.hk]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 11:36 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: TCP error. Any ideas?

Hi!

The exception would be thrown whenever the client press 'Stop' button
while
retrieving the page. This should be no harm to the servlet or system.

Arion

Scott Davison wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I keep getting this stack trace in tomcat on redhat 6.1 sparc.  not
sure
> why it keeps happening, and I've gone as far as to remove just about
> everything out of my route table to avoid confusion and extra bounces.
>
> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:406)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:240)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:224)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(SimpleTcpEndpoi
> nt.java:267)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(SimpleTcpE
> ndpoint.java:248)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:3