tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Henning Bertram ...@navision.com>
Subject Servlet error (newbie...)
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:53:44 GMT
I have just installed the (binary) release of Tomcat 3.1 under Windows
2k/JDK 1.3.

In order to start Tomcat, I inserted this line in tomcat.bat:

set path=%JAVA_HOME%\bin

I suppose this solves the problem of Java not liking paths with spaces.

I can now start Tomcat (in stand-alone mode), and run JSP examples.

However, when I try to run a servelt example, I get an error like this:

Context log: path="/examples" Exception in init servlet Can't find bundle
for base name LocalStrings, locale da_DK
 java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
LocalStrings, locale da_DK
	at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:7
07)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:679)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
	at HelloWorldExample.<init>(HelloWorldExample.java:19)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:298)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
	at
	at
	at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Context log: path="/examples" Can't find servet HelloWorldExample

To add to my confusion, I had the same setup installed a week ago (but had
to reinstall for unrelated reasons). At that time, everything worked just
fine.

Anybode able to help?

Thanks,

Henning Bertram.