tomcat-users mailing list archives

From luke_lud...@canoemail.com
Subject !!!!Dynamically seeing html appear with Tomcat!!!!
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:53:20 GMT
Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know of a way using Tomcat to make html appear
dynamically as it is printed instead of all at once when the servlet
is done?

I just switched from jserv to Tomcat and everything is fine and dandy
but one thing... html no longer appears dynamically.  What I mean by
this is that I have a situation in which a servlet is undergoing some
heavy processing that takes awhile, and using jserv I was able to use
out.println() and out.flush() to make make the html appear
dynamically so the user could see the progress of the program.  With
Tomcat it no longer does this.. instead everything that is printed to
html appears all of a sudden when the servlet is done processing,
which causes there to be a long pause while the servlet does its
thing and the user just sits there and wonders what is happening.

Does anyone know of a way using Tomcat to make html appear
dynamically as it is printed instead of all at once when the servlet
is done?

Comments, answers, and questions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Luke

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail