tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James House <james.ho...@partnet.com>
Subject Re: Recursive Includes..
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:30:15 GMT

Recursive includes are not allowed:

For example you cant have file1 include file2 if file2 includes file1

However, there is a bug in Tomcat 3.1 release that prevents you
from including file2 in file1 more than one time.  The bug is that
it gives the exception that you've pasted in below (which is the
same exception for recursive includes.) - even though it should
really be fine to include the same file more than once.

I have a small JAR file that patches this bug if you want it...
If you are doing "the recursive thing" then the patch wont
help you.

Send me an e-mail if you'd like the patch JAR.

James