tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Ronthal <aront...@ibelong.com>
Subject RE: Shutdown error....
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:49:57 GMT
At 01:29 PM 6/28/00 -0500, Kalusniak, Jeff wrote:
>I get the same thing and have asked that question several times.  However,
>no response yet.  We are continuing to troubleshoot this issue.  Let's hope
>someone else has seen it.  It is mentioned several times in the list
>archives,
>but I've never seen a resolution.
>
>Are you using the "inet" parameter  in the Connector section?  We do, and
>this
>inability to shutdown gracefully is the result.  When we remove the "inet"
>statement, it works fine.  But, we have to use the "inet" parameter because
>we
>have to bind to a specific port.

We also have to bind to specific ports, but I'm not familiar with the inet
statement...  My connector sections looks like this:

<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
   <Parameter name="handler"
    value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
   <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
</Connector>

Or this, depending on what I'm doing:

<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
   <Parameter name="handler"
    value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
   <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
   <Parameter name="max_threads" value="50"/>
   <Parameter name="max_spare_threads" value="25"/>
   <Parameter name="min_spare_threads" value="10"/>
</Connector>

Oddly enough, it seemed fine until I started mucking with the thread
pooling stuff.

In the mean time, I use a killall.sh script to shutdown:

#!/bin/sh
ps -ef | grep java1.2 | grep tomuser | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' |
xargs kill -9

>Sorry I wasn't of help yet, but maybe between the two of us, we can figure
>it out
>or get a response!

I'll keep digging and post here if i find anything.

-Adam
--
Adam Ronthal
Operations Engineer