tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wong Kok Wai <won...@pacific.net.sg>
Subject Re: Object-Oriented Databases(was Oracle Developer...)
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:30:08 GMT
My experience is not the lack of API in Java; it is the implementation of the OODB.
For example, for the OODB I've used, persistence version of Vector and Hashtable
cannot scale up to more than 10,000 objects. TreeSet is not thread safe. Object
deletion from the OODB does not work, so the database file just keeps growing.
Query is slow....