tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bau <Alec....@msdw.com>
Subject ASAP: From what source distribution tar to build mod_jserv?
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:02:24 GMT
We need to build mod_jserv.so to run Tomcat 3.1 with Apache 1.3.12 on
Solaris 2.5.1 It appears that in Tomcat 3.1 source distribution
jakarta-tomcat.tar.Z and jakarta-tomcat.tar.gz archives have different
contents. At least the number of files differs. That rises few
questions:

1. What's the difference and what about jakarta-tomcat.zip from the same
directory?
2. Which one should I use to build a mod_jserv ?
3. Is it better to build mod_jserv from nightly Tomcat 3.2 distribution
and if so will it work with Tomcat 3.1?

Thanks.