tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: More Tomcat & Apache
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:54:14 GMT

Bob & Val Tobin wrote:

> I'm hoping to get some further assistance.  I apologize for the length of
> this document, but I wanted to be very thorough and specific in outlining
> the problem, and what I did in the set up based on the guidelines in the
> User Guide.
>
> I am using Windows 98 operating system.
>
> I have set the TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME in the autoexec.bat, as well, I
> set the PATH environment variable.
.....snip snip

> When I start Tomcat, this is the result:
>
>     Out of environment space
>     Out of environment space
>     Out of environment space
>     Out of environment space
>     Out of environment space

Your MSDOS window does not have enough environment space to hold
the long paths that the startup.bat file creates. In a MSDOS
window get the properties dialog - memory tab - increase
the "Initial environment" I have mine set at 3072.

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam