tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Baer <>
Subject Re: Creating Your Own Implicit Objects
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2000 01:16:32 GMT
Hmmm I see what you are saying and I have to say I found the ActionServlet of Structs
very useful.  But on my original question what I meant is by allowing something like
object declaration in a taglib and then being accessible outside the tag.  The approach
I want to take is similar to what you have where the taglib loads all the mappings of a
prop file and then uses it throughout the page as such example:

<% @ taglib uri="uri" prefix="load" %>
<load:map file=""/>

<!-- now the file is loaded and you can use an object from the taglib -->

Here is the value of <% mapValue.getName(0) %> : <% mapValue.getValue(0) %>

So that mapValue is available throughout the JSP page without having to declare a tag
for it.  Is this possible?

- Jon