tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kulla <ku...@metabox.de>
Subject Re: Which JDK to use under Linux?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:52:58 GMT
Hi Christian,

> The thin driver is ok.

Ok, we are using the thin driver.

> But you have to ensure, that all ResultSets, Statements and Connections are
> marked as free with .close() before the servlet stops.

Yes, this is what I do.

> Also I would suggest to use a Connection pool, because connecting to an
> Oracle DB is always really slow (I once had to wait 30 sec. on a sparc with
> only 2 concurrent users).

But I seems that the oracle thin driver pooles the connections internally. For
our first version we create for every sql statement a new connection and it is
really fast (it takes onlay a few ms to establish a connection).

Regards,

	Christoph
| Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Kulla                        mailto:kulla@metabox.de |
| Met@box AG                                          http://www.metabox.de |
| Daimlerring 37                                                            |
| 31135 Hildesheim			            Phone: +49-5121-7533-0  |
| Germany                                             Fax: +49-5121-7533-78 |