tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Birch" <jbi...@multinode.com.au>
Subject Re: Mission Impossible for JSP??
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 03:11:58 GMT
CSV = Comma Separated Value

e.g.
=====================================
1,2,3,4
"fred",John,Sue,"Jill, Jo and Julie"
"Comma,in,text","Number 2",3,number 4,5,6,7
x,y,z,12.3,$45.00,"12/6/00"

In the Excel CSV formulation the double quotes are optional unless data contains
a comma.
Other CSV formats may not be as flexible on this.

+ :  CSV's will read directly directly by Excel, with no filter (etc) required,
so extremely easy to use
- :   No formatting of contents, type handling is automatic

Cut the above text and save to text file named test.csv then open with excel (or
double click file) to see the result

Jim Birch