tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean McCauliff <se...@narus.com>
Subject Session Timeout
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:48:58 GMT
I tried posting this before.  Does this work for anyone?  Is it a know
bug?

I have a Java plugin(1.2.2) applet communicating with Apache/tomcat.
When a session timesout in the servlet  I redirect the user back to the
login page.  When I authenticate the user I create a new session using:
            session.putValue("user_info",some_user_data);

Later when I attempt to retrieve the user information from the servlet
        HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
returns null.

This works the first time I login into the application, but not after
the session times out and I attempt to log back into the system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Sean