tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: IllegalMonitorStateException?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 18:53:53 GMT

Benjamin John Turner wrote:

>         Under moderately heavy load on a single, trivial test servlet,
> I'm getting the following error every once in a while from Tomcat 3.1
> under solaris with Sun's java 1.2. Does anyone know why this is
> happening or what it means?
>
> ================
> <pre>
> java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
>          at java.lang.String.<init>(Compiled Code)
>          at java.lang.StringBuffer.toString(Compiled Code)
>          at test.HelloWorld.doGet(Compiled Code)
>          at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
>          at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
.... etc
It is something to do with methods that require a Thread to have
obtained a lock on an object (become the owner) - typically
synchronized blocks, the wait() method or the notify() method
is involved.

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam