tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gert <Gert.Pa...@gmx.de>
Subject Exception-Error in JSP-Errorpage ( Cannot create bean of class Exception)
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2000 09:56:01 GMT
Hello,

I've a problem with displaying an jsp-errorpage.
I've called in my Servlet (JSPServlet) the method doNewUser.
In this method, a RequestDispatcher forwards to login.jsp, where an
error occures.
(I don't know what kind of error.)
Then it gets forwarded atomatically to error.jsp, which is set as
errorpage of login.jsp.

Here I want to print the exception. Thus I use the tag
<%= exception.toString() %>
And the following exception ist thrown.

I dont't understand this error.
It'd be a great help for me, if anybody could explain it to me.
(Why can't want's to create an Exception in an error-page.
 I thought, exception would be an implicit object of the error-page?)

Thanks gert

Internal Servlet Error: (root-cause is the same)

javax.servlet.ServletException:  Cannot create bean of class Exception
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
_0002fservleterror_0002ejspservleterror_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fservleterror_0002ejspservleterror_jsp_0.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java, Compiled
Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at JSPServlet.doNewUser(JSPServlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at JSPServlet.doGet(JSPServlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at JSPServlet.doPost(JSPServlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)