tomcat-users mailing list archives

From raimee <rai...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: ApJServMount problem?
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2000 15:24:08 GMT
> Bedell, Kevin wrote:
>
> I've run into this as well - not sure if it's a problem or feature ;)
>
> I believe the problem is as follows:
>
> the Jserv tag ApJServMount is defined for jserv (not tomcat) as:
>
> ApJServMount /<apache path>     /<zone>
>
> where <zone> is defined in the .conf files in the jserv setup (not in
> Tomcat). There is no "zone" equivalent (that I can find) in Tomcat.
>
> However, I've setup working systems using the following:
>
> ApJservMount    /examples               ajpv12://localhost:8007/examples
>
> This instructs Apache to route the servlet to Tomcat via the ajpv12
> protocol. The port number (8007 here) should match the port that Tomcat is
> launched on (can be found in your server.xml).

Instructs Apache to route the "Request" to Tomcat via ajpv12.  Tomcat
figures
out that it is a Servlet.

There are far too many confiuration files Apache, Tomcat and JServ.  So
many
I'm not sure that some of them are actually used.  Does the concept of
zones
still apply under Tomcat?  And what is the role of JServ under Tomcat?

-Raimee