tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Weiss <swe...@aamc.org>
Subject Re: JSP Newbie Q: mySQL & Tomcat/Jakarta
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:19:01 GMT
Tony Clark wrote:

> Thank you Steve,
>
> That helped a lot to actually have someone confirm my intuition.
>
> Two more questions... Is there a particular order of package
> installation required? Also, doesn't Jakarta/Tomcat serve as both the
> jsp and serlet layer?

I'm not sure what you mean by "a particular order" but I can't think of
anything that would fit that description. Just make sure that when you
install the jdbc driver, you put it in your classpath.

Tomcat is a servlet engine (or container, if you prefer), but you still
need to write your own servlets and/or JSPs. Tomcat includes some sample
servlets and JSPs that can get you started, once you get Tomcat running,
you can go to http://localhost:8080/ where you'll find the examples and
some documentation and links.

-Steve