tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Chermette <cherme...@exoffice.com>
Subject Start and Stop Tomcat
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 17:28:09 GMT
Hi, I'm new to this list, and as I didn't find any history of it, I
don't know if this question's been already asked.

I'm trying to launch and stop tomcat from my own application, but I
found two issues.
The first one is that I can't launch tomcat from anywhere, even if I
specify the path to Tomcat :

	String[] tomcatParams = { "-h", Path_To_Tomcat };
	Tomcat.main (tomcatParams);

Here is the Exception that is thrown :

FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.Exception: Can't open config file:
/home/Guillaume/TomcatConfig/conf/server.xml due to:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/Guillaume/TomcatConfig/conf/server.xml (No such file or directory)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:214)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:110)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:130)
        at
configtool.tomcat.LogPane$StartTomcatButtonListener.actionPerformed(LogPane.java:245)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:200)
        at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(EventDispatchThread.java:97)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:88)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:79)

I looked at the code, and I thought "-h" or "-home" were the parameters
to set the tomcat home directory.

The second issue I found is that when I stop Tomcat, my app stops
too.....
Here is the code I'm using :
	String[] tomcatParams = { "-stop" };
	Tomcat.main (tomcatParams);

Does anyone think about something obvious I didn't find ?

Thank you

Guillaume Chermette