tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wyn Easton <wyn_eas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Paths in webapps
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:25:31 GMT
You need to add a context entry in your server.xml
file for this to work.
Here is a sample taken from my server.xml:
<Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/examples"
debug="0" reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

This entry allows the JSP container to find the
classes
in webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes for a URL like
this: http://my-web-server/examples/myPage.jsp

I highly recommend getting the book called
"Web Development with Java Server Pages".
It explains many things besides what you are asking.

--- "Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel"
<maripalda@elasa.siemens.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> got some problems with files that have to be read by
> my java classes used in
> my JSP pages... does anyone know where does start
> the base path for a web
> app? I want to reference my files from the classes
> (inside
> WEB-INF/classes/...) in the following way
> "/..../myFile", And I want to know
> where does that '/' start in the server directory
> tree...
>
> Thanks in advance and regards...
>
> Miguel Ángel Ripalda Marín
> Siemens Elasa S.A.
> T, I + D Sistemas
> Pol. Malpica, D-98 50016 Zaragoza, España
> *	(34) 976 760 300 ext. 405
> *	(34) 976 760 346
> *	maripalda@elasa.siemens.es

> For additional commmands, email: