tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yuxiao Zhao <yu...@ida.liu.se>
Subject Cannot "make install" Tomcat
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:18:20 GMT
Hello!

I am new to jakarta-tomcat, but now I am trying to install it. My problem is how
to "make install".

I have got two directories
  /jakarta-ant/
  /jakarta-tomcat/

It's OK when I run

  $ ./configure
  $ make

As I run "make install", the response as follows:

-------------------
ste18 <175> make install
Making install in .
Making install in config
Making install in include
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/include/kaffe
mkdir /usr/local/include/kaffe
mkdir: Failed to make directory "/usr/local/include/kaffe"; Read-only file
system
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-pkgincludeHEADERS'
Current working directory /home/yuxzh/aser/kaffe-1.0.5/include
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-am'
Current working directory /home/yuxzh/aser/kaffe-1.0.5/include
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'

I use Sun Solaris 2.7.

Does anyone give me a hand? Thanks in advance!

Yuxiao