tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: LOGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:09:16 GMT
I'm working on cleaning up logging now.  Servlet output will be
timestamped if you set timeStamp="yes" in servlet.xml, as in

    <Logger name="servlet_log"
            path="logs/servlet.log"
	    timeStamp="yes"
            customOutput="yes" />

I think that feature is broken now, but I'll be checking in a fix
within a few days.

You shouldn't've had to jump through those hoops you describe below,
either. I'd love it if you review the logging behavior once I get my
patch in, and tell me what's still broken.

 - Alex