tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abhishek Rungta" <abhishek1...@hotmail.com>
Subject installing tomcat
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:01:22 GMT
Hiii..

I have just downloaded and installed TomCat v 3.1 on my server which is
running RedHat Linux.
I installed using binaries. The question might seema  bit stupid, since i
have never installed from binaries directly.
I just copied the tar zipped file to /usr/local
unzipped it... and thats it
then i went to the directory it created as jakarta-tomcat
in that directory i gave the command ./bin/tomcat.sh start
It started and it asked me to check the log file for any errors. i checked
the log files. it does not seemed like reporting any error.
Can anybody tell me how to determine if it has really started and if the
installation is OK ?

Thanx in advance.

Abhishek Rungta                                        * Outsourced Software
Development
Indus Net Technologies                              * WebHosting  ($4.99
only)
Phone : 91-33-2201718   2210896             * Web Designing & Promotion
http://www.talash.net                                 * Domain Registration
($14.99 only)