tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gladwell, Ricardo" <ricardo.gladw...@demon.net>
Subject RE: [Catalina] Re: Chunked HTTP Responses and CRLF
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:11:38 GMT
Thanks Remy,

Your efforts shall not be forgotten. In the meantime we have made the
following discoveries: The chunking "error" on the WAP gateway comes from
the following:

> db
> \r\n
> \r\n
> <?... content continues

The SECOND \r\n sequence causes the Gateway to crash. If you send the
following:

> db
> \r\n
> <?... content continues

The gateway does not crash EVEN if you have the \r\n sequence elsewheres in
the document. It is ONLY if you have two or more CRLF sequences after that
intial hexadecimal chunk value. What I would be interested to know is
whether this is an correct or incorrect implementation of HTTP 1.1 on the
part of the Gateway or Tomcat.

Yours...

--
Ricardo Gladwell, Web Developer