tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gladwell, Ricardo" <ricardo.gladw...@demon.net>
Subject Chunked HTTP Responses and CRLF
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:52:16 GMT
Dear All,

I have noticed a "problem" with Tomcat JSP generation on Unix systems. We
are currently attempting to generate dynamic WML via JSP which we then send
to a WAP Gateway for compilation into bytecode. While testing our JSP pages
via the Nokia SDK we noticed no problems. When we started testing via
Nokia's NAMP Gateway we noticed that the code was not compiling. Further
investigation revealed the following: the JSP pages converts some new-lines
into CRLF (or \r\n) carriage returns. The Gateway does not like this and I
am not convinced that this isn't standard HTTP 1.1: can you insert CRLF
returns into chunked text data?

--
Ricardo Gladwell, Web Developer
Demon Internet, Westhumble House,