tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jamie Marconi <jamie.marc...@deepcanyon.com>
Subject JSP import attribute
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2000 23:57:22 GMT
I understand that I can import multiple packages and classes in JSP with a
tag similar to this:

<%@ page language="java"
         import="package.subpackage.*,package.subpackage.subsubpackage.*" %>

This seems to be as the spec defines the import attribute. I've found that
the Unify ServletExec JSP Servlet allows imports to be specified like the
following as well:

<%@ page language="java"
         import="package.subpackage.*"
         import="package.subpackage.subsubpackage.*" %>

With multiple import attributes where all packages are imported.  When I
tried this with Jasper the compiled page only seem to use the final import
attribute.  Is ServletExec incorrect by importing all packages, or is Jasper
incorrect by only importing the final package?  If neither is wrong (from my
interpretation of the spec) can we add functionality to Jasper to import all
packages defined by multiple import attributes?

Thanks,

Jamie Marconi