tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <Jacob.R.Kj...@syntegra.com>
Subject RE: Need Help -Tomcat 3.1 for Servlets
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 17:35:45 GMT
This is exactly my experience.  I am on Windows 2000 and I have to compile
the java files manually.  Build just copies the class files that exist in
the src directory to their corresponding area in the defined webapp

If anyone knows why build doesn't compile, that would be nice to know, but
this is a pretty simple workaround for now.

Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Lancelle [mailto:jkl@knosys.com]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 10:53 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need Help -Tomcat 3.1 for Servlets

For some reason, the javac element in the build.xml file does not compile

when using JDK 1.3. Unfortunately, it does not indicate that a compile

failed. It took a few days to figure that one out.

But, if you use javac from the command line and compile all of your source

files in the src directory, running build will then move the resultant

classes to the webapps directory. They seem to run fine after this
procedure.

I just noticed you are using Windows. My experience has been with Linux, so

the above may not be totally accurate...if anything a step in the right

direction.

Jon Lancelle