tomcat-users mailing list archives

From frédéric ALMEIDA <frederic.alme...@advantys.fr>
Subject pb to execute a tag lib with tomcat
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:18:08 GMT
            Hi,

I would like to know if Tomcat 3.0 or Tomcat 3.1 support tag libs packaged in .jar ? and if
it's the case, does it work only by copying the .jar (with the .class and .tld files) and
the .jsp (with the directive taglib="file.jar") in a web app document root (like with Orion)
?

I am using Tomcat 3.0 and I've tried to run a tag lib packaged in .jar and I have the following
error :
"Unable to open taglibrary file.jar : no protocol: file.jar"
with a jsp and a jar in the document root (this example works with Orion).
Is it because of the version of TomCat or something else?

Next, I've tried to put the .tld in the same directory than the .jsp (the directive in the
.jsp is now taglib="file.tld") and .class in the Web-inf directory but now, the error is :
"try to access class com/sun/xml/tree/ParentNode from class org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl"

Any idea?

Thx to help me.

                    Fred.