tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ken Kress" <kkr...@ospreypartners.com>
Subject Re: servlet cannot find depending JAR file
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:33:35 GMT
Under NT, it is not enough to put the JAR file into the %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib
directory. YOu must also put it into the classpath, which I do in my
%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat.bat file.

Under Unices, the shell script is smart enough to scan the directory and
include the JAR files automagically.

  Ken.

E.g.:
REM standard classpath
set CLASSPATH=.
set CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%\classes
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jasper.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xml.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar
REM My own JARs
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\portping.jar

Ken Kress                               kkress@ospreypartners.com
Osprey Partners LLC                                  610.240.7289