tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carlyle J. Roberts" <c.robe...@computer.org>
Subject tomcat stand-alone remote setup.
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:03:34 GMT
Hi all, I just setup tomcat. I know the stand-alone server is not really for production use
and is normally used for testing from localhost. But I have been trying to set it up on a
remote FreeBSD machine (with jdk1.1.8), and then access it using http://host-machine.com:8080/
however I can't seem to get any results from this connection. I see no errors in the tomcat.log
file, and it seems to start ok. Shouldn't this work? Would the fact that the machine is behind
a firewall be a problem? although I thought the port number 8080 should take care of any such
problem.

thanks for any help