tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joel Rouiller" <joel.rouil...@infometis.ch>
Subject Apache-Login for Tomcat
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 09:03:07 GMT
Dear Tomcat-Users,

Thanks for the help the past few weeks. I finally found out the login
problem.

But for now I have a new problem/question:
How could I pass the login user of Apache to Tomcat? I first login in Apache
to a protected site with internal documents/links only for employees. From
there I have a link to my servlet which should also be protected from
outside. But when I post a message to the servlet it (or Tomcat) asks me for
login again. And now I have to use a Tomcat user
($TOMCAT/conf/tomcat-users.xml) to be able to use my servlet. The login user
my servlet receives the first time is allways 'null'. My servlet needs a
user to work with, and actually I get it with
HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser().

Is there a possibility to pass the Apache login to Tomcat, to avoid to login
twice? Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Joël