tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Rhines" <jrhi...@email.com>
Subject RE: Can't get session id in URL with encodeURL
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:25:44 GMT
Darrel,

It's broke.  A possible (untested) work-around is to build the link
yourself, giving jsessionid as a parameter to the servlet.  There is another
workaround at http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=53251 that has
worked for someone (one would assume since it is posted there), but not for
me.

If anyone finds a fix or patch for this, it'd be great if they posted it to
the list.

Regards,
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: darreld@elwood.cais.net [mailto:darreld@elwood.cais.net]On Behalf
Of Darrel Davis
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 4:10 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Can't get session id in URL with encodeURL

If I create a session and create some links, passing
them through enclodeURL, I am unable to pass session
information between pages with cookies turned off.

The documentation says that if the server determines
that the browser won't accept cookies, it puts
the sessionid in the URL.  It does not on my system;
I just lose the session.

Anyone successful with encodeURL?

This is Tomcat 3.1 Final/Apache 1.3.9 on Linux.

-darrel