tomcat-users mailing list archives

From - <...@webcapacity.com>
Subject more jsp help
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:55:21 GMT
Hi again,
I have 2 virtuals and need some help getting this right. I want my JSP to live
with all the normal website stuff in my apache document roots, and servlets in
the webapp subdirectories. However I am noticing that session vars I set in the
JSP pages in the apache docroot are NULL when referenced in the webapp/ tomcat
servlets etc. Below is my config.

Configuration:

In the General apache config
AddType text/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

Development:
----------------
apache document root = /docdev
ApJServMount /app ajpv12://localhost:8009/appdev
tomcat webapp = webapp/appdev

appdev.xml for its own tomcat instance

<Context path="/appdev" docBase="webapps/appdev" debug="0"reloadable="true" >
</Context>
<!-- to handle JSP files in the apache document root -->
<Context path="" docBase="/docdev" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

Production
-------------
apache document root = /docprod
ApJServMount /app ajpv12://localhost:8007/appprod
tomcat webapp = webapp/appprod

appprod.xml for its own tomcat instance

<Context path="/appprod" docBase="webapps/appprod" debug="0"reloadable="true" >
</Context>
<!-- to handle JSP files in the apache document root -->
<Context path="" docBase="/docprod" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

Does each tomcat "context" even in the same tomcat instance, maintain it own
session information? If so, how do I do what I want to do? Should I set apaches
doc root to point to the webapps/approot directory and setup settings as
explained in the user guide for tomcat to only process servlets and jsp? I just
want to have a normal website that lives in my apache document roots, I want
JSP that lives there to be processed by tomcat, and I want my servlets to live
in a webapp subdir. Is this not possible? I had this working with jserv.

thanks