tomcat-users mailing list archives

From m..@cs.auc.dk (Max R. Andersen)
Subject User customization of .war applications
Date Sat, 13 May 2000 19:45:28 GMT

Hi!

I have searched high and low for an answer to this one :)

web.xml has tags for defining init parameters that can
be defined for the context and each servlet.

web.xml is packaged with the .war file and in my understanding
the server-administrator should not need to expand this file
to install the war.

But how can I then receive userdefined settings for my settings ?
The dtd for server.xml does not seem to include any tags for defining
context wide parameters for a war !

Currently I use the user.home property to get a .mywebapp property file with
usersetttings, but that is not portable and rather clumsy.

How should/could this be done ?

In my oppinion the best place for this is in the server.xml file....or ?

--
Max R. Andersen (max@cs.auc.dk)