tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Stearns <ste...@bigbrother.net>
Subject RE: Problems With Multipart Form
Date Mon, 08 May 2000 19:49:53 GMT
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Patrick Wibbeler wrote:
> To test, in the case where the file exists, try reading the InputStream to
> completion, but not actually writing the file.  The browser expects to be
> able to write it's entire request, and in the case where it can't, reports
> an error.

BINGO!! Sure enough, if I read through the whole input stream it
works fine.  So now, instead of throwing the exception right after
determining there is a duplicate, I have it run through the entire input
stream THEN throw the exception.  Now it works fine :).

It appears that rather than the pipe breaking at the point between the
browser and the web server, the pipe was breaking between Apache and
Tomcat and that's why it would choke and die.

Thanks for the help!

---Steve