tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Wilm <Jan.W...@consol.de>
Subject Re: can't build mod_jserv w/ apxs
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 10:35:51 GMT

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Dan Amarel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Just tuned in. I'm having similar problems building mod_jserv with apxs...
>
> Re. this last point-
>
> > 2. for some reason ( i dont know why) apxs doesnt put the commandline
> > right.
> > insert "gcc -shared " in front of the -o.
> > this should build you mod_jserv.so.
> > now you copy this to the /usr/local/apache/libexec dir and then proceed.
> > ciao jan
>
> - just to clarify, please... are you recommending to do this:

> "/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -c gcc -shared -o mod_jserv.so *.c" ?
no...
what i mean is first you use apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c
then it should compile your stuff.
but on some installations the last line apxs generates will not be
correct.
apxs will generate the line to link the .so file wrong. just fix this line
and my fix is not for win but for linux on winnt systems it will look
diffrent.
ciao jan