tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Wilm <Jan.W...@consol.de>
Subject Re: compile mod_jserv.so with solaris- my solution
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 15:19:06 GMT
Hi Marc and all
short :

the commandline apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c
fixes one part of my problem,
the other part is to use ld -G to get rid of the unreferenced symbols

thx for the tip

long:
If you want to build mod_jserv.so, first you compile the apache with

configure --enable-module=so --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
make install

then you go to the ...native/apache/jserv/ directory
and do the right command:

apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c

if you get something like
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680
apxs trys to use the wrong commands, in my case cc was not available
so i linked gcc to cc somewhere in the path
and apxs did not have any link command, so i cut&paste the
link commandline behind an

ld -G

here you need the -G !

ciao jan