tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat standalone
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 01:55:41 GMT

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Mason Holding wrote:
> I tried the IBM jdk and it is noticeably faster, although it crashed every
> once in a while.  I got a beta version, so I'm hoping they will have it
> stable by the first production release.  I didn't compile tomcat, so I can't
> say what your problem is.  I would try the sun jdk1.2.2

It's running now; Tomcat needs JDK 1.2.2 to run.

BTW, there's a "problem" with the source distribution;
jakarta-tomcat.src.zip (nightly-build) doesn't have bin/tomcat.sh to start
Tomcat, but tomcat.zip does. tomcat.zip doesn't include the source, so
basically, if you want to compile and run Tomcat, you'd need to have both.

Oki