tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vasile GABURICI <gabur...@cs.pub.ro>
Subject Re: Include tomcat.conf vs. Include tomcat-apache.conf
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 22:22:56 GMT

        This is explained in the user guide, but here it goes:

        1) You should include only one the files

        2) Which one? It depends.

        tomcat-apache.conf is generated by tomcat every time it is
(re)started. The advantage is that changes to contexts in server.xml
automatically are reflected in appropriate directives in tomcat-apache.conf,
so you only need to maintain one file. This may be useful if you
add/change web apps often. You need of course to restart apache after you
restart tomcat for changes to take effect.

        tomcat.conf is a sample provided for convenience; you need to make
all the changes yourself and the name of the file is not important. The
advantage is that you can make custom tweaks here.

        I prefer the second option because I don't have may contexts to
deal with, and I didn't want to bother finding out why the LoadModule
directive in tomcat-apache.conf is generated with a wrong path. There is
another more subtle issue: I need mod_jserv to come before mod_rewrite in
the conf file, so I load it in httpd.conf.

        I hope this helps,
        Vasile