tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vasile GABURICI <gabur...@cs.pub.ro>
Subject Re: mod_ssl problems
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 07:11:21 GMT

        Hi all,

        I've managed to find a workaround for the jserv + SSL problem
mentioned in my previous post. It's rather trivial.

        I couldn't find out why the https://localhost/examples/servlets
URL doesn't work. But I've noticed in Jans' logs that he accesses the
servlets directly. So, I tried to hit the servlet directly and it worked:
https://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

        Finally I realized that this it was only an URL rewriting problem,
so I tried https://localhost/examples/servlets/index.html which also
worked. Following this line, https://localhost/examples/servlets/ also
works (note the final /). So, the workaround was trivial.

        Still, I'd like to know if the https://localhost/examples/servlets
(no trailing /) URL works for Jan. My apache doesn't misbehave if try
other https URLs that need rewriting, like https://localhost/manual, so it
must have something to do with the jserv thing...

        Cheers,
        Vasile