tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vasile GABURICI <gabur...@cs.pub.ro>
Subject mod_ssl problems
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 03:57:58 GMT

        Hi all,

        While trying to use Tomcat 3.1beta 1 with apache 1.3.12 + mod_ssl
 2.6.2 I have encountered the following problem: Accessing
https://localhost/examples works fine, but when I try
https://localhost/examples/servles I get the following error (400):

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port. Instead
use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

        I guess that jserv module is not correctly forwarding the request,
as it should keep the port and protocol. It seems to me that bug #212 is
about this.

        Question: Some guys wrote in the FAQ-O-MATIC that mod_ssl worked
for them. I'd like to know how...

	Cheers,
	Vasile