tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vasile GABURICI <gabur...@cs.pub.ro>
Subject SSL support
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 14:39:20 GMT

        Hi all,

        I'd like to know what's the status of HTTPS (SSL/TLS) support in
Tomcat and what plans are in store. I've tested Tomcat with a servlet that
called isSecure() over a SSL connection and it returned false. Searching
the bug database I found a similar bug #194 where Costin mentioned that
HTTPS support is 'experimental'.

        It seems to me that 'experimental' is an overstatement. Peeking
through the sources I couldn't find any real support for it... It works
with mod_ssl simply because mod_jserv doesn't care about the underlying
communication between apache and the web browser.

        Feel free to flame me on this :-)

        Cheers,
        Vasile