tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <cos...@costin.dnt.ro>
Subject Anyone using Ajp11 ?
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 17:38:48 GMT
Hi,

If you don't use Apache+mod_jserv+tomcat, you
don't need to worry about this mail.

If you are using mod_jserv with the default configuration
( i.e. you have "ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12" in your
config file ) - same, ignore this.

If you have "ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv11" in your config,
please send me a ( private ) mail. I want to find out if
anyone is actually using it.

Ajp is the protocol used to communicate between Apache and
tomcat, developed by java.apache.org people. Ajp11 is the
 original protocol, and ajp12 is the new, improved one.

Tomcat supports both of them, but the new tomcat module
( that works with IIS, NES, AOLserver ) is supporting
only ajp12 ( which is faster and provide few more features).

If you have any good reason to use AJP11 - it is possible
to keep it. My guess is that most people have switched to
ajp12, and we don't need to spend the time to support ajp11.

Costin