tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Howard Shih <hms...@eclipse.net>
Subject apache not forwarding to tomcat
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 16:26:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm running tomcat 3.1 and apache 1.3.12 on RedHatLinux 6.2.
I've compiled the mod_jserv source that was inlucded with the tomcat3.1
source and added it to the libexec directory of apache.

Both servers work fine on their own but apache doesn't seem to be forwarding
requests to tomcat. (Yes, I included the tomcat.conf file in apache's
http.conf file.) If I view http://localhost:8000/examples I get the
directory listing of tomcat's /examples directory and if I try to view one
of the subdirectories (/jsp/ or /servlets) I get Unable to connect to
Remost host.

Now, I swore that it was working once or twice (by going stright to
localhost:8000) but now I only get the default apache man pages. And there
are no errors in the mod_jserv log, the apache access & error logs, or the
tomcat logs.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,

Howard Shih