tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Balahura" <>
Subject RE: tomcat with apache webserver
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 08:23:08 GMT
You must read the rest of the documentation like the one about setting up
your web application, it will tell you which directories and how to create a
context for your application.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: David Johnson []
  Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 11:37 PM
  Subject: tomcat with apache webserver

  Hi all,

  I am trying to configue tomcat to run with the apache webserver.  I am new
to linux and also new to both the servlet/jsp technology and the webserver.
I have gotten apache to work, and tomcat still works if I go to port 8080...
but how do I test to see if tomcat works on the normal apache served port
80?  I trying just relocating one of the example jsps into the www root
directory, but my browser prompted me to download the file.  How do I get
apache/tomcat configured to make it work properly?  So far, all i have done
is include the tomcat config file into the apache config, as mentioned in
the user guide, and I downloaded and placed the binary in the
proper directory as mentioned in the user guide.  What more do i do?

  David Johnson

View raw message