tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Balahura" <rj-ba...@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject NEWBIE TOMCAT QUESTION
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 21:35:48 GMT
I have installed tomcat to work with apache and then created my own sample
web app according to the specifications and the tomcat recommendations.
When I run ./build it all successfully installs into my webapp directory.

The tomcat documentation says that if I copy an unpacked directory structure
to the /webapps/ directory, that a context will be created automatically.

I have started and stopped tomcat several times and the server.xml file is
not updated.  I am wondering how to have my contextt created automatically
in this way.  Is it created in the build.xml file? or perhaps when
./tomcat.sh start is done, maybe a flag of some sort?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank-you in advance,

Rob