tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Kostadinovich" <kostadinov...@intelligencia.com>
Subject Running servlets through apache
Date Sun, 14 May 2000 01:29:17 GMT
Hi again!

I hope I'm not bothering you with my problem (it's my 3th mail). I just
can't fix the thing:

apache 1.3.12 under RedHat 6.2
precompiled mod_jserv from the jakarta home page
tomcat 3.1

http://localhost/somecontext/some.jsp works fine!
http://localhost/somecontext/sevlet/someServlet cannot be found by apache
(it's working if I access it through tomcat :8080)

everything seems to be ok with my server.xml and both web.xml (in conf and
in my context's WEB-INF). I use the same thing under W2000 (with apache
1.3.11), and the configuration works perfect!

I'm sure my server.xml is ok: I just added
        <Context path="/syndicate" docBase="webapps/syndicate" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

I hope somebody out there can give me I hint how to solve the problem.
I appeciate your help.

Michael

P.S. here is how my tomcat-apache.conf looks:

LoadModule jserv_module modules/mod_jserv.so
AddModule mod_jserv.c

ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy off
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
Alias /examples /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /syndicate /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/syndicate
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/syndicate">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /syndicate/servlet /syndicate
<Location /syndicate/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >