tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Freyr Stefansson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Can I somehow run a java process (application) within the Tomcat java process
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 16:03:00 GMT
1) Convert your CORBA application to a servlet (you'd probably want it
to start up when Tomcat starts). This shouldn't be too difficult and
you'd have them both running in the same JVM.

Does anybody have an idea of how to do this?  I'm getting a
ClassCastException on the following code (in the init method of my servlet):
    public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
    {
        super.init(config);

        try
        {
            org.omg.CORBA.ORB orb =
org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init();//args,System.getProperties());
            org.omg.CORBA.BOA boa =
((com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB)orb).BOA_init();
		// ^ this is what causes the ClassCastException...

            String name = "KomodoServiceIDL";

            KomodoService komodoServiceIDL = new KomodoService(name);

            boa.obj_is_ready(komodoServiceIDL);
        }
        catch(Exception ex)
        {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

Now I'm not really all that familiar with CORBA so this might be something
very trivial...

I'll throw in the exception I'm getting as well:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.CORBA.idl.ORBSingleton
        at
is.decode.ggpr.di.komodo.servlets.KomodoCORBAService.init(KomodoCORBAService
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:276)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartup
Interceptor.java,Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:156)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!